Communications "A Line for Every Extension"

Computer and Technology - I recently replaced the business phone systems in the corporate I own to support the requirements of my staff. I wish I can claim that it was eventually to support the requirements of our customers, but sadly, that is not the case. You observe, our old phone system had much more extensions than we‘d lines for. It was eventually built using the assumption that inter-office communications could be utilized greater than incoming and outgoing calls. 

Since my company deals primarily with internet business and does not do much inside the method of transactions during the phone, the internal system I have set up inside the late 90's had served us well until very recently. As of late, I‘ve had vendors who had traditionally reached me by phone sending me e-mails. They had been complaining that it can often be impossible to obtain through to me. I looked straight into the make a difference, and it is what I found… The majority of my employees were spending a good deal of time talking on the phone. They weren't speaking with vendors, customers, service providers or any other business entities. Instead, they had been utilizing the phone for personal reasons.  

A Line for Every Extension

A Line for Every Extension

Do not get me wrong; I am not the kind of boss who thinks it is never acceptable to talk on the phone. I recognize that throughout the workday, things are inevitably certain to show up which require an employees' attention. We have all been there. Perhaps a toddler is sick as well as the car is inside the shop needing repairs. I recognize that these items often require time spent on the phone. Judging coming from the traffic given for my lines and also the astronomical phone bills I‘d been receiving, however, it was way beyond what I believe any employer would consider acceptable. 

So, I decided to restore the old phone system. The new system includes a line for each extension, including mine, to ensure that vendors or anyone else can reach me anytime. Because the new phone system also offers increased functionality, I had a further feature programmed in. 

Now, whenever someone makes an outgoing call, they must deal with their code to ensure that both the amount they call and also the times spent are recorded. These records are matched towards the phone bill, and all employees have to mark the non-business related calls they create each month. Because the calls bear their code, they can‘t say it wasn't them who made the call. In fact, they must pay for the calls. I‘ve realized that phone times (and my phone bills ) have decreased substantially.

I think it's enough all about Communications "A Line for Every Extension". Thanks so much :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

3 Tips for Sending Special Messages, Best!

Amazing Communications

CCNP Certification / BCMSN Exam Tutorial: Server Load Balancing (SLB)